Provides participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively crew an Inflatable Rescue Boat in surf rescue operations.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Crew an IRB
- List the different classes of IRB
- Identify the components of an IRB and ancillary equipment
- Contribute to the safe and efficient launching of an IRB
- Demonstrate safe crewing positions while negotiating the surf
- Perform emergency procedures
- Observation, hazards and risks are identified and clearly communicated to the driver
Maintain an IRB
- Perform pre-operational checks and preventative maintenance of the IRB hull
- Perform post-operational maintenance of the IRB hull
- Report major wear or damage according to organisation procedures
- Perform conscious and unconscious casualty pick-ups
- Perform complex rescues including swimming rescues, sailboarder and kite surfer rescues.
What qualifications and/or prerequisites do I need?
To undertake this role you need to hold or obtain the following qualifications and prerequisites:
There are no specific qualifications