The skills needed to save a life are not restricted to the sand. Becoming a lifesaver with a Bronze Medallion provides you the opportunity to gain specialist awards such as:
- First Aid [AID];
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques [AID];
- Radio Operators Certificate;
- Side by Side Vehicle (SSV) Operations;
- Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) crewpersons and drivers certificate;
- Silver Medallion Beach Management course to become a Patrol Captain;
Pre-requisites for the Bronze Medallion are:
- Must be able to complete a 400 metre pool swim in 9 minutes or less
- Be 15 years of age by completion of the course
Bronze training involves dry sessions (theory, first aid & CPR) on and wet sessions (surf activities & rescue practice).
For the next Bronze Medallion course, please register your interest at email@example.com.
Current members who wish to complete advanced awards or update an award are encouraged to speak directly with your Patrol Captain.
If you hold one or more of these awards, Bronze, Surf Rescue Certificate/Water Safety, ART [AID], IRB Crew/Drivers, Radio or First Aid [AID], you need to attend a Skills Maintenance session.
Further details for the 2020/2021 season can be found here prior to the season.